The Cambridge University Synthetic Biology Society, CUSBS, is a new society aiming to spread the word of Synthetic Biology. Founded by the 2015 Cambridge-JIC iGEM team, we are an enthusiastic team drawing on Scientists, Engineers and Medics. Have a look at our new poster!
To spread the word, we will be running a diverse programme of events throughout term time including:
- Talks from a wide range of world-speakers, covering topics at the forefront of current research
- Outreach events to local schools, building on our previous events:
- Arduino programming and circuit design
- Introductions to microscopy
- Projects - we want to build up a hobbyist community, in the spirit of the London BioHackspace
- This year we are running hardware-based projects, with a microscopy focus. Checkout our projects page to find out more and get involved!
- Next year we hope to set up our own wet-ware lab, and to do some DIY synbio, stay tuned!
If you'd like to get involved or find out more, sign up to our mailing list or visit our facebook page.